Kindermusik Village is for newborn - 18 month olds. That is a guideline for the ages in the class. There are exceptions based on developmental abilities.
In general Village classes:
- move at a slower pace
- allow for more exploration before moving on to "next"
- children experience the beat through movement with adults and hear it modeled in the class
- Parent is essential to a great Village experience
- there are more activities in Our Time and the pace is quicker
- children are asked for their ideas
- parents are important to the class, but the children begin to assert independence
- children begin to demonstrate the ability to play instrument with regards to steady beat
- children listen for specific sounds and are asked to respond with their bodies. Moving high and low, fast and slow.