Thursday, December 9, 2010
Tuesday, December 7, 2010
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Beyond Kindermusik and Kindermusik for the Young Child with Ms. Kathryn WILL MEET.
Kindermusik Village at 5:30 and Kindermusik Our Time at 6:30 with Ms. Kay WILL NOT MEET. Ms. Kay will see you next Thursday, December 9 and she will do a make-up class on Tuesday, Dec. 14.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
- Go around the flagpole, you are going south.
- You will pass Krannert and the Cage Center (both on your left).
- Turn right onto Martha Berry Circle. The Cook building will be on the right. You will need to turn right past the Cook building to park. You will park behind Cook.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
It's hard to believe that 2010 is almost over, and 2011 is knocking on the door. Have you registered for Kindermusik classes at Berry? Classes begin the week of January 10, and they are filling quickly.
- Go to www.berrycollegekids.com
- Click on Kindermusik
- Download and print the 2011 Spring Brochure
- Mark your 1st and 2nd choice, then mail it with your deposit of $60.
- If you are currently enrolled, then mark your child's name and class choice in the memo line of your check. Drop it in the box outside the Kindermusik room.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
Yes, it's already time to think about spring 2011 Kindermusik registration. A few weeks ago you may have signed a sheet giving your intent to attend spring classes. Based on the information received, one class is being added - Thursday 4:30 p.m. Imagine That. At the end of this post is a complete class schedule for the spring semester.
- Pay a $60 deposit via check and put your child's name and class choice in the memo. If your address, phone or email has changed then you will need to fill out a new form. Otherwise your check will reserve your space. Abbreviations for classes are as follows: Village (V); Our Time (OT); Imagine That! (IT); Young Child (YC); Beyond (BYD). Here is an example for the memo line on your check:
- Here are some payment options that can save you money:
- You can pay the deposit to reserve your space, and pay the balance by either of the early bird deadlines and still get the discounts. Remember the deposit is included in the total cost of the class. Also, ALL materials are included in the total...NO HIDDEN FEES!!!! No pictures to buy or special equipment.
- Other payment options are available, just ask me.
- If you have materials from an older sibling to use for next semester, you may take another deduction - $40 for Village, Our Time & Imagine That!
Monday, October 11, 2010
Thursday, September 30, 2010
The Coosa Valley Fair starts on October 4, so take your extra time and go to the fair! Enjoy the exhibits, the animals and the food. Ride the rides if you dare!
We started priority enrollment this week. You teacher probably asked you to sign your name if you plan to continue in the spring semester. This is not binding, and at this point requires no monetary commitment, it is so that we can determine if we need to add new classes.
Drum play with mom
Grandma comes to Kindermusik!
Monday, September 20, 2010
Beginning September 27 your teacher will have a list for you to sign for priority enrollment. This is not binding, and it does not require a monetary commitment...but it will allow us to see who plans to continue. There are also children who can move to the next age group. We may need to create new classes to accommodate the moves. Signing your child's name will allow us to plan properly for the spring.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
- Repetition fuels your toddler's memory, confidence, motor skills and understanding of the world.
- Repetition helps a child feel good about herself because it reminds her of what she can do.
- Repetition is one way the toddler can exert some control over his environment. This sense of power is extremely gratifying for someone with such limited control over the big world around her.
We will play the bells, the sticks, the drums and sing the same song again, but it is good for your child's brain. Repetition helps prevent brain overload. It's as though the time your child spends repeating familiar tasks allow his brain to take a mini-vacation. Once he's done relaxing, his brain is ready to focus on new learning!
Monday, August 2, 2010
Don't miss out on Kindermusik this fall, it's fun for the whole family. I will be ordering home materials this week, so register now to make sure I have materials for your child on the first day. CLASSES BEGIN THE WEEK OF AUGUST 16!
- Introduce a variety of music to your child - classical, folk, multi-cultural, jazz & more.
- Enjoy a special time with your child making music....no emails to answer, no laundry to do, no calls to take. Just time to focus on your child.
- Meet new friends that have children of the same age.
- Enjoy the beauty of the Berry College campus on a weekly basis. Come explore all Berry has to offer!
- Get updates through the blog about events at Berry and in the Rome community.
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Village (newborn - 18 months) - Wednesday at 9:15 a.m. (FULL)
Our Time (ages 18 months - 3 years) - Monday at 5:45 p.m. (FULL)
Our Time - Friday at 9:30 a.m. (2 spaces remain)
Imagine That (ages 3 1/2 - 5 years)- Monday at 5:30 p.m. (2 spaces remain)
Imagine That - Friday at 10:15 a.m. (FULL)
At the time of this post, all other classes have 3 or more spaces available. To register, send in your $60 deposit to secure your space and pay the balance at the first class OR send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ask about other payment options.
The Rome Floyd Library has a wonderful children's department, and they host numerous programs throughout the year. The summer reading program encourages reading, and provides activities for further learning. Kindermusik of Berry College is a frequent guest at the library. Today Kathryn Nobles & her assistant (daughter) Kate led a room full of families in singing, dancing & playing instruments. Here are some pictures taken by David Evans of the library staff.
Reading a story at the library - Pete & PJ, a Kindermusik favorite.
Twirling to the music.
Dancing with a friend with a little help from the moms!
Swaying & rocking to the music.
Kindermusik provides weekly fun for your family & great materials to enjoy the music all week long. Join us this fall, classes begin the week of August 16.