Thanks for stopping by A Family Place. I enjoy working with families, and sharing the power of music with them. Kindermusik provides this outlet for me. This blog will allow me to share thoughts and ideas that can help families in their journey.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Laughter


I have heard it said that a preschooler laughs about 400 times a day, while an adult laughs an average of 10 times per day. Children are typically joyful beings, and I think we can learn from them. I happened across an article about the benefits of laughter and thought I would share them.

  • Laughter relieves physical tension, leaving muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes.
  • Laughter boosts the immune system, decreasing stress hormones and increasing immune cells and infection-fighting antibodies.
  • Laughter releases endorphins, elevates your mood, and enhances communication.
  • Laughter protects the heart, improving blood flow.
Kindermusik provides many opportunities for you to share a laugh with children, so make sure to sign up for next semester's classes. You can get information on that here

No comments: